Commencement exercises were held on May 13 at Sherwood Church. Dr. Paul Gotthardt, senior pastor of Sherwood Church, gave the commencement address.
Pastor Paul Gotthardt’s main charge to the class of 2022 was, “Do what’s right; Do what’s hard.”
The class of 2022 is a very impressive and accomplished group with a total numerical average of 91%. Other notable accomplishments and awards include:
- The class performed 5420 hours of community service
- Athletes from this class have won 5 team state championships over their high school career
- 1 member of the class was awarded a full tuition scholarship to play basketball on a collegiate level
- 22 students of the 34 students are Honor Graduates
- They have been accepted to more than 44 colleges and universities across the nation
- In total, they have completed 369 hours of college credit from dual enrollment
- 5 students achieved a 4.0 grade point average
- 7 students were awarded the Zell Miller Scholarship for full tuition for a state school in Georgia
- Collectively, the SCA class of 2022 earned more than $2 million in scholarship money
SCA Headmaster Dr. Brian Dougherty addressed the graduates during the ceremony:
Class of 2022, as you leave SCA, please know as your headmaster, I am very proud of you and grateful for the outstanding legacy of achievement, character, leadership, and service that you have provided our school.
But what I am most proud of is the visible witness many of you have had for the Lord. Whether it was in the classroom, in the hallways, on the court or field, on the stage, in the community, or simply in the lunchroom, many of you took your Christian witness seriously, and it was noticed.
You have put on display a godly example for the underclassmen, middle schoolers, and elementary students to follow.
Class of 2022, the entire SCA faculty and administration is proud of you! Go Eagles! We are looking forward to seeing you SOAR!
Select the arrow button on the photos above (or slide the photo left on your smart phone) to view the photos from the graduation ceremony.